The Champions League hosts the best players throughout Europe, with the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema all enjoying great success in the competition.
The race to be the top scorer for the 2022/23 season is in full swing, with every top forward looking to lead their side to the knockout stages and beyond.
Champions League top scorers 2022/23
1. Erling Haaland (Manchester City)
Erling Haaland continues to go from strength to strength in all competitions, with the frightening Norwegian possessing an incredible Champions League record.
2. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
Liverpool superstar Mohamed Salah has set a new Champions League record this season, scoring the competition's fastest ever hat-trick in a shade over six minutes during his team's annihilation of Rangers.
3. Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid)
Vinicius Jr scored the only goal of the 2021/22 Champions League final and continues to provide for Real Madrid on the biggest stage.
4. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)
Is there anything Kylian Mbappe can't do? Seemingly not in the Champions League, with team after team put to the sword by the flamboyant Frenchman.
5. Joao Mario (Benfica)
West Ham fans probably felt a little shortchanged by Joao Mario's disappointing stint in London. He's now scoring goals regularly in Europe with Benfica.
6. Mehdi Taremi (Porto)
Mehdi Taremi - scorer of that overhead kick against Chelsea - led Porto's charge to the knockouts up front.
7. Rodrygo (Real Madrid)
One of Real Madrid's stable of young Brazilian gems celebrated his tenth birthday with a party theme of "Rodrygo Real Madrid". Whatever he wished for when blowing out those candles looks like it came true.
8. Olivier Giroud (AC MIlan)
France's all-time men's record goalscorer has struck upon a prolific streak in Europe's premier club competition this season.
9. Victor Osimhen (Napoli)
Serie A's leading scorer has not saved his goals for domestic football but crucially missed the first leg of Napoli's Champions League quarter-final which proved decisive in his side's exit from the competition against Milan.
10. Robert Lewandowski (Barcelona)
The third highest goalscorer in the history of the Champions League, Robert Lewandowski will be playing in the Europa League come February.
Who won the Champions League Golden Boot in 2021/22?
The top scorer in the 2021/22 edition of the Champions League was Karim Benzema, who netted 15 goals as Real Madrid won the tournament in Paris.
Robert Lewandowski was not far behind in second with 13 efforts, while Sebastien Haller racked up 11 as Ajax enjoyed the group stage.
Champions League all-time top scorers
Cristiano Ronaldo remains the leading goalscorer in Champions League history with 140 strikes, but his lead could shrink this season as Manchester United are playing in the Europa League instead.
Long-time rival Lionel Messi can close the gap on first place this season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo - 140 (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus)
- Lionel Messi - 129 (Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain)
- Robert Lewandowski - 91 (Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Barcelona)
- Karim Benzema - 89 (Lyon, Real Madrid)
- Raul Gonzalez - 71 (Real Madrid, Schalke)
- Ruud van Nistelrooy - 56 (PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Real Madrid)
- Thomas Muller - 53 (Bayern Munich)
- Thierry Henry - 50 (Monaco, Arsenal, Barcelona)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 48 (Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United)
- Andriy Shevchenko - 48 (Dynamo Kyiv, AC Milan, Chelsea)
- Filippo Inzaghi - 46 (Juventus, AC Milan)
- Champions League fixtures & results: 2022/23 season
- Europa League fixtures & results: 2022/23 season
- Europa League top scorers: 2022/23