X reacts as Tottenham capitalise on complacent Man City to earn draw

  • Tottenham and Man City shared six goals between them on Sunday
  • Kulusevski scored in the 89th minute to earn a point for Spurs
  • Son scored at both ends during the enthralling game
Huge goal for Kulu
Huge goal for Kulu / Stu Forster/GettyImages

Ange-ball and Pep-ball was always destined to conjure up a Premier League classic, wasn't it?

Pep Guardiola's Manchester City and Ange Postecoglou's Tottenham Hotspur produced an enthralling game of football at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday, with a late goal from Dejan Kulusevski earning a valuable point for Spurs.

Here's how X reacted:

We all expected a frantic game between two aggressive, attacking, teams, and that's exactly what we got.

Within the first 15 minutes we bore witness to:

1. A sweeping counter-attacking goal scored by Heung-min Son (with a little help from some horrid goalkeeping from Ederson).

2. An own goal scored by Son at the other end of the park to make it 1-1.

3. And a miss of the season contender by Erling Haaland...of all people.

And, unfortunately for everyone watching's collective heart rates, the game didn't calm down much after that.

On the half hour mark, after a spell of good play, Man City would make it 2-1 through Phil Foden.

The goal came courtesy of some delightfully fluid play from City - Angeball-esque you might say.

After going ahead, City really found their stride and probably should've been completely out of sight by the time the half-time whistle blew.

All in, City had 12 shots on goal in the first half, with two hitting the upright and one being an open goal miss from Haaland.

Despite being completely outplayed in the first half, Spurs began to show some signs of life in the second half during a period in which City's play became abhorrently sloppy.

Tottenham made City pay for said sloppiness in the 69th minute when former outcast Giovani Lo Celso scored a wonderful curling goal to make it 2-2.

That goal notably sparked City back into life thereafter.

The home side began to dominate proceedings once again, and were able to make it 3-2 through the rather woefully out-of-form Jack Grealish.

The goal was, rather shockingly, his first since April.

After that goal, bascially everyone watching the game said to themselves: "well that's that then."

However, it turned out it wasn't.

Not to be deterred by going behind again, Spurs pushed forward and made it 3-3 in the 89th minute.

The very impressive Dejan Kulusevski rose highest at the back post to head home in emphatic fashion - much to Tottenham fans' delight.

The game couldn't end before some good old refereeing controversy however; it was a Premier League game after all.

That controversy would centre around Simon Hooper's rather odd decision not to play advantage when Haaland was fouled just before Grealish was played clean through on goal.

If he had opted not to blow his whistle, City could very well have won 4-3.