US women’s national team head coach Vlatko Andonovski announced the 23-player roster that will feature in two friendlies against Uzbekistan.
The first-ever matches between the United States and Uzbekistan will take place April 9 at Lower.com Field in Columbus, Ohio and April 12 at Subaru Park in Chester, Pennsylvania.
21 of the players called up by Andonovski currently play in the National Women’s Soccer and the remaining two are based in Europe. The head coach also selected 17 of the 23 players that helped the USA win the 2022 SheBelieves Cup in February.
“We have four games left before World Cup and Olympic qualifying and it’s up to the players and staff to maximize every minute we get together on the field and in the meeting room,” said Andonovski.
“We have quite a few injuries in our player pool that we are dealing with, but that also means more opportunities for other players and the chance to continue to deepen our roster as we continue to work to find the best combination of players to take to Mexico in July.”
USWNT roster vs Uzbekistan
- Bella Bixby (Portland Thorns FC)
- Aubrey Kingsbury (Washington Spirit)
- Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars)
- Alana Cook (OL Reign)
- Abby Dahlkemper (San Diego Wave FC)
- Imani Dorsey (NJ/NY Gotham FC)
- Emily Fox (Racing Louisville FC)
- Sofia Huerta (OL Reign)
- Naomi Girma (San Diego Wave FC)
- Kelley O’Hara (Washington Spirit)
- Lindsey Horan (Olympique Lyonnais, FRA)
- Jaelin Howell (Racing Louisville FC)
- Rose Lavelle (OL Reign)
- Catarina Macario (Olympique Lyonnais, FRA)
- Kristie Mewis (NJ/NY Gotham FC)
- Samantha Mewis (Kansas City Current)
- Ashley Sanchez (Washington Spirit)
- Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit)
- Ashley Hatch (Washington Spirit)
- Mallory Pugh (Chicago Red Stars)
- Margaret Purce (NJ/NY Gotham FC)
- Trinity Rodman (Washington Spirit)
- Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns FC)