The U.S. men’s national team head coach Gregg Berhalter named the 27-player roster for the upcoming Concacaf Nations League games and friendlies, with Christian Pulisic and Weston McKennie as headliners.
The American side will kick off the June international window with the Concacaf tournament, facing Grenada and El Salvador after drawing in Group B. To further prepare for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the USMNT is set to host Morocco at TQL Stadium on June 1 and Uruguay at Children’s Mercry Park four days later.
“We are excited to get the group back together as we prepare to compete against two fellow World Cup participants and begin the defense of our Concacaf Nations League title,” Berhalter said in a release.
“With the World Cup six months away, we aim to maximize these opportunities and continue to progress as a team. We are looking forward to experiencing the incredible support of our home fans for the last time before we represent them in Qatar in November.”
The 27-player roster is composed of 10 MLS players, complemented with figures from Europe’s most prestigious leagues. Weston McKennie will be making his return to national team duty after spending several months on the sidelines with a foot fracture.
Ricardo Pepi is most notably missing from the squad, however, after his latest FC Augsburg performances inspired concern. Since joining in January, the player has managed zero goals in 11 games.
Also absent from the team are Sergino Dest, Chris Richards, Giovanni Reyna and Miles Robinson, all of which are out with an injury.
Here's the full USMNT roster:
- Ethan Horvath – Nottingham Forest
- Zack Steffen – Manchester City
- Matt Turner – New England Revolution
- George Bello – Arminia Bielefeld
- Reggie Cannon – Boavista
- Cameron Carter-Vickers – Celtic
- Aaron Long – New York Red Bulls
- Erik Palmer-Brown – Troyes
- Antonee Robinson – Fulham
- Joe Scally – Borussia Mönchengladbach
- DeAndre Yedlin – Inter Miami CF
- Walker Zimmerman – Nashville SC
- Kellyn Acosta – LAFC
- Tyler Adams – RB Leipzig
- Luca de la Torre – Heracles
- Weston McKennie – Juventus
- Djordje Mihailovic – CF Montréal
- Yunus Musah – Valencia
- Cristian Roldan – Seattle Sounders FC
- Malik Tillman – Bayern Munich
- Brenden Aaronson – Red Bull Salzburg
- Paul Arriola – FC Dallas
- Jesús Ferreira – FC Dallas
- Jordan Morris – Seattle Sounders FC
- Christian Pulisic – Chelsea
- Tim Weah – Lille
- Haji Wright – Antalyaspor