US Men's National Team head coach Gregg Berhalter has announced his 27-man roster for the final round of World Cup qualifiers.
The USMNT face difficult trips to Mexico and Costa Rica either side of a home tie against Panama in this upcoming trio of matches, which will define whether or not they return to the World Cup after missing Russia 2018.
After 11 matches, the Stars and Stripes sit second in the Concacaf qualification group, four points behind unbeaten leaders Canada but four ahead of Panama, who sit in fourth - good for an intercontinental playoff spot but outside the automatic berths.
“We’re excited about the opportunity to achieve our goal of qualifying for the World Cup,” Berhalter said. “We have a group that’s ready to compete and deal with the challenges that come our way.”
There are notable call-ups for defenders Erik Palmer-Brown and Aaron Long, with the former having just two senior caps to his name, while the latter is just reaching full fitness from an ACL injury. Gio Reyna also returns to action, but Berhalter will have to cope without star midfielder Weston McKennie, who has a broken foot.
Jordan Pefok has also earned a recall after a scintilating run of form with Young Boys in in the Swiss Super League, where he is currently the top scorer with 17 goals.
Right-back Sergiño Dest has been named on the roster but his availability is no in doubt after he limped out of Barcelona's 2-1 Europa League win over Galatasary just hours before the USMNT's announcement.
"It doesn't look good, but we'll get the definitive results tomorrow," Berhalter said on Dest's injury. "It'll be a case of next man needs to step up."
Here is the 27-man USMNT roster in full:
1. Goalkeepers (3)
- Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 7/0)
- Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 9/0)
- Zack Steffen (Manchester City/ENG; 26/0)
2. Defenders (9)
- Reggie Cannon (Boavista/POR; 24/1)
- Sergiño Dest (Barcelona/ESP; 17/2)
- Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 21/3)
- Erik Palmer-Brown (Troyes/FRA; 2/0)
- Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 22/2)
- Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 17/3)
- James Sands (Rangers/SCO; 7/0)
- DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami; 71/0)
- Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 25/3)
3. Midfielders (6)
- Kellyn Acosta (LAFC; 48/2)
- Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 24/1)
- Gianluca Busio (Venezia/ITA; 8/0)
- Luca de la Torre (Heracles/NED; 5/0)
- Yunus Musah (Valencia/ESP; 13/0)
- Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 31/0)
4. Forwards (9)
- Brenden Aaronson (Red Bull Salzburg/AUT; 18/5)
- Paul Arriola (FC Dallas; 43/8)
- Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 7/2)
- Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders; 43/10)
- Jordan Pefok (Young Boys/SUI; 8/1)
- Ricardo Pepi (Augsburg/GER; 9/3)
- Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 45/18)
- Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund; 9/4)
- Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 20/2)