Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has again played down reports that he's on Manchester United's shortlist to succeed Ralf Rangnick at Old Trafford.
Rangnick's reign as interim manager will end at the conclusion of this season, and 90min understands that he is working closely with managing director John Murtough to identify not only on-field transfer targets, but also the next man to sit in the dugout.
Erik ten Hag and Mauricio Pochettino are the frontrunners to take the reins at United, but 54-year-old Hasenhuttl has also been linked with the post after impressing during his four-year spell at St. Mary's.
Hasenhuttl worked closely with Rangnick during his time as manager of RB Leipzig, and his style of play and clear identity has since been publicly praised by the veteran German. However, Hasenhuttl was quick to brush aside talk of taking over at United when asked by reporters ahead of Southampton's game with Newcastle on Thursday.
"When I discuss every list I have been on the last two months," he said. "I think I would not have time for working or doing my job, the only thing I can say is it shows we don't do everything wrong here, so that's it. I have no more to say."
Hasenhuttl previously batted away speculation that he could take charge of United in February, and said that the prospect of taking over 'was not in his mind' nor was it of any 'interest' to him.
The Austrian has also previously hinted that he could walk away from management in 2024, when his Southampton contract expires, to pursue other interests in life.