Quique Setién has spoken out about the uncertainty over Arthur, who appears to be on his way to Juventus this summer.
The Barcelona manager was speaking at his pre-match press conference on Friday ahead of his side's trip to Celta Vigo on Saturday, and was asked about this week's big story at Camp Nou – reports that the Brazilian midfielder will be leaving, and replaced by Miralem Pjanic.
Quoted by Goal, Setién said: “I do not take it for granted that he is going to leave. The club has not informed me Arthur is leaving. He will be with us until the last game of the season. If it happens, I will try to convince him to leave a good impression. The most important thing is to be honest until the last day and I am convinced he is."
Arthur has been linked with Italian champions Juventus, who are said to have reached an agreement in principle earlier this week. The Brazilian could be on his way to Turin this summer, with midfielder Pjanić going the other way to Barcelona.
Setién added: “[What] is happening is absolutely abnormal. In principle I still have Arthur. He is important like the rest. He will train and he will travel and has the possibility of playing. I hope all this noise does not affect him and that if he plays, he tries to give the best of himself.”
Arthur joined Barcelona on a six-year deal in July 2018, following eight years with Brazilian club Grêmio. However, the Brazilian midfielder has struggled to cement his place in the Barça midfield, starting just 14 games in the league this season – albeit with some injury issues.
Setién went on to say: “Any player who is in such a situation must make it clear the season is not over, win a title and leave a good impression until the last day he is here. Since he has been with me, he has put a lot of interest in doing what we asked him to do.”
Barcelona travel to Celta Vigo on Saturday, as they look to return to the top of La Liga. The Blaugrana are chasing their 27th Spanish league title, and their third in a row.