To participate in the Competition, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
COMPETITION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM (EXCLUDING NORTHERN IRELAND) WHO HAVE FULL LEGAL CAPACITY AND ARE AT LEAST SIXTEEN (16) YEARS OF AGE AND THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY/AREA OF RESIDENCE (I.E., ENGLAND, SCOTLAND AND WALES,) AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS TO PARTICIPATE.
PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: The PFA Vertu Motors Fans’ Player of the Month Competition (“Competition”) begins on October 5, 2021 at 6:00:00 p.m. British Summer Time (“BST”) and ends on June 10, 2023 at 7:59:59 PM BST (“Competition Period”). Entrants will participate by voting each calendar month during the English professional football season for who they think is the top player from among the provided list of players in at least one (1) of the five (5) professional English football leagues; namely, (a) English Premier League, (b) English Football Association Women’s Super League, (c) English Football League (“EFL”) Championship, (d) EFL League 1 and (e) EFL League 2) (“Vote”).
1. Promoter: The Professional Footballers’ Association, 20 Oxford Court, Bishopsgate, Manchester, M2 3WQ (“Promoter”).
2. Administrator: Probability LLC, 2 Woodstock Meadow Ln, PO Box 1484, Woodstock, NY 12498 USA (“Administrator”).
3. Eligibility: Competition is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom who have full legal capacity and are at least sixteen (16) years of age or the age of majority in their country/area of legal residence (i.e., England, Scotland and Wales) at time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Promoter, Administrator, Sportority UK Ltd. and its affiliates d/b/a Minute Media (“Minute Media”), Vertu Motors PLC (“Vertu”), any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Competition or supplying the prizes and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to participate or win prize(s). "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of age and legal residency with the Administrator at time of winner confirmation upon request prior to prize award.
4. Competition Schedule: The Competition begins on or about 6:00:00 p.m. BST on October 5, 2021 through 6:59:59 PM BST on June 11, 2023. Eighteen (18) separate and distinct Competition entry periods (each, an "Entry Period" and collectively, "Entry Periods") make up the Competition Period; for clarity, each calendar month during the professional English football league season (August – May; for 2021/2022, starting with October 2021) is its own separate Entry Period. Each Entry Period will have its own random drawing, with five (5) winners (“Competition Drawings”). There will be two (2) Grand Prize periods (each, a “Grand Prize Period”). Each Grand Prize Period corresponds to an English professional football league season, with the first Grand Prize Period corresponding to the 2021/2022 professional football league season (starting in October 2021) and the second Grand Prize Period corresponding to the 2022/2023 professional football league season. There will be five (5) Grand Prize winners per Grand Prize Period, as explained in Rule 7 below. Promoter’s computer is the official clock for the Competition.
5. How to Enter:
During the Entry Period:
Navigate the Internet to https://www.90min.com/posts/vote-now-pfa-vertu-motors-fans-player-of-the-month (“Website”). To enter, vote for the professional football player you believe deserves to be named PFA Player of the Month in one or more of the five (5) English professional football leagues as defined in the Preliminary Information section above. Only the listed professional football players may be selected; “write-in” votes are not allowed. You must vote for at least a professional football player as the PFA Player of the Month in at least one (1) English professional football league; you may – but are NOT required to -- vote for the PFA Player of the Month in multiple English professional leagues, up to a maximum of all five (5) professional football leagues. BE CAREFUL IN CASTING YOUR VOTE(S) FOR PFA PLAYER OF THE MONTH IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE(S) BECAUSE ONCE CAST A VOTE CANNOT BE CHANGED. After Voting, complete the Competition entry form by providing your full name, email address and other required information (“Entry”).
Limit of one (1) Entry (for PFA Player of the Month for up to five  English professional football leagues) per person per Entry Period regardless of the number of email addresses or accounts a person may have. Entry must be completed during a single online session. Multiple entries and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. By entering this Competition, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Promoter, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Competition.
Use of automated/programmed/robotic means of participation is prohibited and Entries completed or submitted using such illicit means will be void, and the applicable participant may be disqualified from the Competition. Promoter, Minute Media, Vertu and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, corrupted, jumbled, delayed, inaccessible, garbled or misdirected registration information, entries or votes.
6. Your Privacy:
What personal details are collected - Entrant personal data that will be processed during this Competition includes name, telephone number and email address as collected via the Entry and email during prize claim period, and any other information that you voluntarily provide or share in connection with this Competition.
Legal basis for processing your personal data - This information will be used on the lawful basis of the Promoter pursuing its legitimate business interests as per Article 6(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), where indicated on the lawful basis of your consent as per Article 6(a) of the GDPR.
Purpose of collection – Only the personal data needed to conduct the Competition as described in these Official Rules will be collected, including to contact potential winners and award the prizes. Please note, if you do not provide this information you will not be able to participate in the Competition and/or receive the prize.
Your rights - Pursuant to applicable privacy and data protection legislation, including but not limited to the GDPR, you have various rights including the right to receive confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and to access said personal data; the right to rectification of such personal data; the right to receive a copy of personal data you directly volunteered in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and the right for erasure of your personal data. You also have the right to object to the data collection, under certain circumstances. Further, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority and where the processing of your personal data is based on consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time which you can do using the address or e-mail address stated below under “Contact details”. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out on the basis of your consent prior to it being withdrawn.
Recipients of personal data - The recipients of your personal data, or part of it, may be either or all of the following: the Promoter, Administrator, and Minute Media.
Transfer of personal data outside the EU/EEA - Some data recipients may be located outside the EU/EEA. In such cases your personal data will be transferred only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or where legal agreements have been entered into ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
Retention - Your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary to facilitate the Competition, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused personal data at the earliest reasonable time.
Contact details - To exercise your rights under applicable data protection and privacy laws in relation to this Competition, you may write to: Probability LLC, 2 Woodstock Meadow Ln, PO Box 1484, Woodstock, NY 12498 USA or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Winner Selection:
a. Entry Period Drawings.
On or about one U.S. business day following the conclusion of each Entry Period, Administrator –an independent, third party judging agency - will randomly select one (1) Entry per English professional football league for that Entry Period. Administrator will sort all eligible Entries received for a given Entry Period by vote(s) for the PFA Player of the Month in English professional football league(s). There will be one (1) random drawing and one (1) Entry Period prize winner selected per English professional football league for a total of five (5) prize winners per Entry Period. Only eligible Entries which include a vote for the professional football player who wins the PFA Player of the Month award in the applicable English professional league for that Entry Period (month) will be included in the corresponding random drawing. For clarity, even if otherwise eligible, Entries which include a vote for professional football players who did NOT win the PFA Player of the Month award for that Entry Period and English professional football league will NOT be included the corresponding random drawing. Accordingly, a given eligible Entry may result in the Entrant having a chance to win up to five (5) times per Entry Period, depending on the number of correct vote(s) for the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month in English professional football league(s) that are included in a given Entry. Entries will NOT be retained for subsequent Entry Period(s); to enter in more than one (1) Entry Period, a given individual must submit another Entry as per Rule 5 above. As discussed below, Entries WILL be retained for the corresponding Grand Prize Period.
b. Grand Prize Drawings.
On or about one U.S. business day following the conclusion of each Grand Prize Period, Administrator will select five (5) Entries as prize winners. There will be one (1) random drawing per Grand Prize Period, which will include all eligible Entries received during all Entry Periods comprising that Grand Prize Period regardless of the number of vote(s) for professional footballer who wins the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month during the applicable Entry Period or the accuracy of such vote(s). For clarity, each eligible Entry will only count once in the Grand Prize drawing, for a maximum of eight (8) Entries for the first Grand Prize Period and a maximum of ten (10) Entries for the second Grand Prize Period. Entries from the first Grand Prize Period will NOT be retained for the second Grand Prize Period.
In all cases, decisions of the Administrator will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Competition. If a potential winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Promoter’s sole discretion, and in such case Administrator may select an alternate potential winner based on a random drawing using the process set out in this clause (time permitting).
Winner Notification & Verification: All potential winners will be notified via email on or about one U.S. business day following the conclusion of each Entry Period. Participants are encouraged to regularly check their email messages at the conclusion of each Entry Period. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after notification or return of email as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to sign and return, within seventy-two (72) hours from date of transmission, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Promoter or Administrator (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If applicable, the Winner Documents are not returned to Promoter within specified time period, potential winner may be disqualified. If for any reason a prize is not claimed or if a winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received for the applicable drawing (time permitting). In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to provide the Promoter with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
8. Prizes, Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
Entry Period Prize – (five (5) winners per Entry Period; ninety  winners in total): Each Entry Period prize winner will receive a jersey of their choice, which can include, but is not limited to the jersey of the of the professional football player that the winner voted in his/her Entry as the PFA Player of the Month for the applicable Entry Period. ARV of each Entry Period prize is £150.00.
Grand Prize – (five (5) winners per English professional football league season, total of ten (10 winners) – each Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner. ARV of each Grand Prize is £1,000.00.
TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: £23,500.00
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS:
For Grand Prizes, End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner will take place in London in June following the conclusion of the English professional football league season; for the 2021/2022 professional football league season, in June 2022 and for the 2022/2023 professional football league season, in June 2023.
Specific date of End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner will be provided at time of winner notification.
For Grand Prize, winner must be available to attend End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner or Grand Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind.
CAUTION: In attending End of Season PFA Player of the Year Award Dinner, winner and his/her guest acknowledge that travel and attendance at social gatherings with persons outside their own household is inherently dangerous due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic/epidemic. To the fullest extent permitted by law, winner and guest expressly assume the risk of illness and death in conjunction with contracting COVID-19/Coronavirus notwithstanding the safety precautions implemented by entities organizing the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner, as the case may be. Winner and guest further understand and agree that Promoter, Administrator, Vertu and Minute Media have not obtained any insurance of any kind relative to their attendance at the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner, as the case may be. Promoter reserves the right to offer modify, postpone, or even cancel outright the Grand Prize if Promoter (in consultation with the applicable team and/or Vertu, as the case may be) determines in its sole discretion that attendance at the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner cannot be awarded as intended due to economic, social or other conditions arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from COVID-19/Coronavirus. In the case of cancellation of Grand Prize, a substitute prize of comparable value as the Grand Prize will be awarded to winner in lieu thereof and such substitute prize shall constitute the entire liability of Promoter.
For Grand Prizes: Tickets to End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner is subject to conditions indicated thereon. Seat location and other specific aspects of attendance at End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner will be determined by Promoter/Vertu in their sole discretion. Tickets are valid only for winner and guest and are NOT for re-sale. Promoter, Administrator, Vertu and Minute Media disclaim any and all liability for available menu items at the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner. Alcohol beverages are not included as part of the menu available to winner and guest. Should winner accept the Grand Prize without a guest, he/she will receive only one ticket to the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all costs associated with attendance at the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner, including travel to and from venue of the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner and any desired overnight hotel stay.
Grand Prize winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in any appropriate, socially responsible and respectful manner in conjunction with attendance at the End of Season PFA Player of the Year Awards Dinner. Without limitation, the preceding includes (a) dressing in appropriate attire so as to attend the applicable event; (b) refraining from verbally abusing, antagonizing or harassing professional football players and/or other attendees at the applicable event; (c) comply with any security checks and providing proof of identification upon request when attending the applicable event; (d) complying with any restrictions regarding recording the applicable event; and (e) complying with all private guidelines and governmental requirements implemented so as to prevent the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus at the applicable event which may include one or more of the following: (i) mask-wearing; (ii) social distancing; (iii) completion of a health questionnaire; and (iv) presentation of acceptable proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19/Coronavirus. Failure to comply with the foregoing requirements will result in forfeiture of Grand Prize, with Promoter, Administrator, Vertu and Minute Media disclaiming any and all liability in conjunction therewith to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limit one (1) Entry Period Prize** and one (1) Grand Prize per person/family/household per season. All taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Winner is also responsible for any unspecified costs and expenses in conjunction with prize acceptance and use.
**In the unlikely event that a given person’s Entry is selected as the winner for more than one (1) English professional football league in the same Entry Period, the winner will receive only one (1) jersey from his/her choice among the corresponding professional football players that were selected by winner as the PFA Player of the Month in his/her Entry.
ARVs of Prizes do not reflect re-sale value of autographed items. Autographed items may be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity in Promoter’s sole discretion; and, if so, the content and format of such certificate of authenticity shall be determined solely by Promoter. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitutions allowed, except as set forth in these Official Rules and at Promoter’s sole discretion, a prize of comparable or equal value will be provided. Any images of Entry Period prizes in advertising are for illustrative purposes only and actual items awarded as prizes may differ from such images for various reasons, and Promoter and Administrator disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith. Entry Period Prize will be shipped only to a street address in the United Kingdom.
9. Limitations of Liability: Promoter and its agencies (including, without limitation, Administrator and Minute Media) as well as Vertu are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to human, typographical, printing or electronic malfunction, any damage caused by or relating to any downloadable content or damage of any network, hardware or software where such issues are beyond their reasonable control. If for any reason the Competition (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, each thereof beyond Promoter's reasonable control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, Promoter reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition (in whole or in part) and/or disqualify any individual who tampers with (or attempts to tamper with) the entry process/operation of the Competition (or any part thereof). In such event, Promoter shall conduct the Competition and make prizes available for affected Entry Periods and Grand Prize Periods in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Promoter in its reasonable discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/modification/suspension of Competition will be posted on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device (or data/information stored thereon) related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Competition.
10. Additional Conditions of Participation: Entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Promoter and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants agree to the fullest extent permitted by law (excluding only negligence and/or other rights/interests that cannot be lawfully waived pursuant to the law of a given jurisdiction), to release and hold harmless Promoter, Administrator, Vertu, Minute Media, Twitter, Inc., Facebook, Inc., TikTok, Inc. and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies, contractors and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage to person(s) or property, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Competition and/or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of any prize, except that the waiver does not restrict entrant from raising claims which cannot be waived under applicable local law in the entrant’s jurisdiction such as claims regarding loss of life, body injury, or claims relating to a violation to a principle, cardinal duty under the relevant legal relationship. Entrant’s statutory rights are not affected by the preceding release. Without limitation to Section 8 above, entrants also authorize the Promoter and its designees (including Vertu) to use the entrant’s name, image, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and county of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winners’ list (if applicable) without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Promoter is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Promoter's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Competition and/or prevent others from participating in the Competition. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD PROMOTER, PROMOTER MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Where, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, it becomes necessary to do as a result of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic, disaster or other reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and/or its third-party vendor(s), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify all or part of the prizes.
NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES LIMITS, EXCLUDES OR MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO LIMIT, EXCLUDE OR MODIFY ANY STATUTORY CONSUMER GUARANTEES OR ANY IMPLIED CONDITION OR WARRANTY THE EXCLUSION OF WHICH FROM THESE OFFICIAL RULES WOULD CONTRAVENE ANY STATUTE OR CAUSE ANY PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES TO BE VOID (“NON- EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES”). EXCEPT FOR ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, AND THE PROMOTER’S OWN PRODUCT/SERVICE THAT MAY BE COVERED BY A WARRANTY (WITH SUCH WARRANTY BEING EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO ITS TERMS SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEE) PROMOTER MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE (OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE), INCLUDING (IN RESPECT OF ALL JURISDICTIONS), WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, entrant (including the winners) agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the High Court of England & Wales, with entrant expressly waiving any right of forum non conveniens, change of venue or the like; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Competition, but in no event attorneys' fees; unless the assistance of an attorney is required by law and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Promoter in connection with the Competition shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of England or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than England.
12. Winners’ List: Prize winners’ surnames and counties will be made available on request unless a prize winner objects to this. To request the names and counties of the winners, e-mail email@example.com with “The PFA Vertu Motors Fans Player of the Month Competition Winners” in the subject line no later than one month following each Entry Period. To object to your surname and county being made available in this manner in the event you are a prize winner please let the Administrator know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to accepting any prize. In such circumstances these details may still be provided to the UK’s Advertising Standards Authority or other relevant regulators on request.
This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and/or Facebook.