Mexican national team head coach Gerardo Martino announced the 31-player roster headed to California for the team’s two upcoming MexTour Sendoff matches, with Raul Jimenez and Hirving Lozano headlining.
El Tri will host Peru on September 24 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, before traveling to Santa Clara to face Colombia at Levi’s Stadium on September 27.
Tata Martino made several key calls in the squad selected for the final official FIFA date before the World Cup, calling up Rodolfo Cota over highly expected third choice goalkeeper Carlos Acevedo and Kevin Alvarez instead of LA Galaxy figure Julian Araujo.
The head coach also called up four strikers, with Rogelio Funes Mori, Henry Martin and Santiago Gimenez fighting for two of the potential three slots available, as Raul Jimenez remains a shoo-in for the starting role.
But familiar faces returned, with Edson Alvarez, Erick Gutierrez and Hector Herrera front and center on the list.
Here’s the full squad...
- Guillermo Ochoa (Club América)
- Alfredo Talavera FC (FC Juárez)
- Rodolfo Cota (Club León)
- Jorge Sánchez (Ajax)
- Edson Álvarez (Ajax)
- Néstor Araujo (Club América)
- Carlos Rodríguez (Cruz Azul)
- Gerardo Arteaga (KRC Genk)
- Kevin Álvarez (Pachuca)
- Jesús Gallardo (Monterrey)
- César Montes (Monterrey)
- Héctor Moreno (Monterrey)
- Jesús Angulo (Tigres)
- Johan Vázquez (US Cremonese)
- Orbelín Pineda (AEK Athens)
- Uriel Antuna (Cruz Azul)
- Alexis Vega (Chivas de Guadalajara)
- Roberto Alvarado (Chivas de Guadalajara)
- Fernando Beltrán (Chivas de Guadalajara)
- Héctor Herrera (Houston Dynamo)
- Erick Gutiérrez (PSV Eindhoven)
- Luis Chávez (Pachuca)
- Erick Sánchez (Pachuca)
- Luis Romo (Monterrey)
- Andrés Guardado (Real Betis)
- Henry Martín (Club América)
- Santiago Giménez (Feyenoord)
- Hirving Lozano (Napoli)
- Rogelio Funes Mori (Monterrey)
- Raúl Jiménez (Wolverhampton)