Jesse Lingard says he remains committed to Manchester United after a move away from Old Trafford failed to materialise during the January transfer window.
90min exclusively revealed on deadline day that the England international was upset at United for blocking an exit, with former loan side West Ham and Newcastle both interested in taking him.
Red Devils manager Ralf Rangnick later said the arrest of Mason Greenwood played a role in Lingard staying at United despite interest from other clubs.
Rangnick confirmed Lingard would take the weekend off and miss the FA Cup clash with Middlesbrough on Friday night, saying: "He asked me and the club if we could give him a couple of days off just to clear up his mind and he'll be back in the group, I suppose, Monday, back for training and then be a regular part of the whole squad again."
Lingard seemed to take issue with his boss' words, issuing an update on social media.
He posted on Twitter: "The club advised me to have time off due to personal reasons! But my headspace is clear and I’ll always be professional when called upon and give 100 percent."
Lingard's United contract expires at the end of the season and he has not had too many opportunities so far this term, making just nine substitute appearances in the Premier League. He's shown what he can do in those brief 89 minutes of game time, netting twice.
The presence of attacking stars like Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba has blocked Lingard's path to the first team and plenty of sides are expected to push to sign the 29-year-old in the summer when his deal runs out.