Racing Louisville FC midfielder Jaelin Howell will replace San Diego Wave figure Taylor Kornieck on the USWNT’s 24-player roster for the upcoming friendly matches against England and Spain.
Kornieck has been ruled out due to an ankle injury.
Howell is no stranger to international duty, recording one goal and five caps with the USWNT. She last took the field with the American side on April 9, coming off the bench in the second half against Uzbekistan.
She joins as the USWNT are slated to play European Champions England at a sold-out Wembley Stadium on October 7, before traveling to Pamplona to take on Spain only four days later.
“These are big tests for our team in front of crowds cheering against us and after long travel, but our players absolutely love games like these,” said Andonovski.
“The group we are bringing to Europe includes players who have a lot of experience against top European teams and some that don’t, so these games are even more critical for our growth as our team. Our whole squad needs to get a clear picture of what these games are like as we continue to prepare for the World Cup.”
Here's the full roster:
- Aubrey Kingsbury (Washington Spirit)
- Casey Murphy (North Carolina Courage)
- Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars)
- Alana Cook (OL Reign)
- Crystal Dunn (Portland Thorns FC)
- Emily Fox (Racing Louisville FC)
- Naomi Girma (San Diego Wave FC)
- Sofia Huerta (OL Reign)
- Hailie Mace (Kansas City Current)
- Becky Sauerbrunn (Portland Thorns FC)
- Sam Coffey (Portland Thorns FC)
- Savannah DeMelo (Racing Louisville FC)
- Lindsey Horan (Olympique Lyonnais)
- Jaelin Howell (Racing Louisville FC)
- Rose Lavelle (OL Reign)
- Kristie Mewis (NJ/NY Gotham FC)
- Ashley Sanchez (Washington Spirit)
- Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit)
- Ashley Hatch (Washington Spirit)
- Mallory Pugh (Chicago Red Stars)
- Megan Rapinoe (OL Reign)
- Trinity Rodman (Washington Spirit)
- Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns FC)
- Alyssa Thompson (Total Futbol Academy)