Cristiano Ronaldo yet to decide future despite claims of Al Nassr agreement
Al Nassr are waiting to hear if Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed to join them, but they remain confident that he will, sources have told 90min.
The Saudi Arabian outfit have made a world record breaking offer to the Portuguese legend, which 90min revealed last month would make him the highest-paid footballer of all time.
Ronaldo left Manchester United by mutual consent last month after he criticised the club's owners, the Glazers, manager Erik ten Hag, and the attitude of the club's young players during an explosive interview with Piers Morgan.
Reports in Spain have suggested that Ronaldo has already agreed the move to Saudi, but sources have told 90min that the decision has not yet been made, although they did acknowledge the confidence from Al Nassr was well placed.
Harry Symeou hosts Andy Headspeath, Toby Cudworth & La Liga TV presenter Semra Hunter to look back on the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa - join us!
If you can’t see the podcast embed, click here to download or listen to the episode in full!
Ronaldo's representatives insist that the 37-year-old is not planning on making a firm decision on his future until after the World Cup finals. Ronaldo has helped Portugal into the last 16, where they will take on Switzerland on Tuesday.
Al Nassr, whose bid for Ronaldo has the backing of the Saudi government, are hoping he will arrive to help bolster the country's footballing status globally. Saudi Arabia want to co-host the World Cup in 2030, and this forms part of their plans to enhance their standing in the game.
They also want to bring Lionel Messi to the Middle East at some point, with the plan for Al Hilal to land him.