Bournemouth vs Brentford - Premier League: Stats, top goalscorers and assists
By Euan Burns
Two sides at opposite ends of the Premier League table will do battle on Saturday evening and for Bournemouth, it will be a chance for the fans to see some of their new signings in action.
As far as Newcastle are concerned, it's another chance to get three points on board and edge closer to a place in next season's Champions League. They currently sit in fourth place, meaning their destiny is in their own hands.
Bournemouth are stuck down in 19th and have not won any of their last five games, meaning they will have their work cut out to try and get something when Newcastle come to town. There are plenty of new players to incorporate into the team. Hamed Junior Traore, Ilya Zabarnyi, Danga Ouattara, Matias Vina and Antoine Semenyo have all been tasked with keeping the team in the division.
- Kieran Trippier previews Marcus Rashford showdown in EFL Cup final
- Allan Saint-Maximin opens up on Newcastle role amid transfer links
- Why was Joe Willock's goal disallowed against West Ham?
Bournemouth vs Newcastle key stats
- During the last ten meetings, Bournemouth have won two times, there have been three draws while Newcastle have won five times. The goal difference is 16-12 in favour of Newcastle.
- Bournemouth have scored 32% of their goals between the minutes 16-30. This is the highest percentage in the league.
- On average, Bournemouth score one goal per game against Newcastle, while Newcastle score two goals per game against Bournemouth.
- Bournemouth score 1.26 goals when playing at home and Newcastle score 1.54 goals when playing away (on average).
- The average number of goals in meetings between Bournemouth and Newcastle is 3.
- In the last five games between Bournemouth and Newcastle, three have been won by Newcastle and two have been draws.
- Bournemouth are without a win in their last eight matches.
Bournemouth vs Newcastle - H2H record
- Newcastle: 7 Wins
- Draws: 4
- Bournemouth: 4 Wins
Top fixture goalscorers
- Micky Quinn - 3 goals
- Salomon Rondon - 3 goals
- Dwight Gayle - 3 goals
When is Bournemouth vs Newcastle?
The match kicks off at 17:30 GMT on Saturday, February 11 at the Vitality Stadium. Newcastle are going to be without Bruno Guimaraes as he is serving a suspension, and there is also a chance that Alexander Isak will also miss the game through a concussion.
Bournemouth could welcome Dominic Solanke back into the fold as he is back in training after a knee injury, but players such as Ryan Fredericks, Junior Stanislas and Lewis Cook are expected to be out, along with others.
Considering Hamed Traore came straight into the starting XI for Bournemouth's last game against Brighton, it is assumed that he will get another chance from the start. Newcastle surprisingly drew 1-1 with West Ham in their last game, meaning they will want to get back to winning ways immediately.