Barcelona are closing in on the signing of Lyon forward Memphis Depay, with a report from the Netherlands suggesting the deal is already done.
Ronald Koeman has set his sights on his fellow Dutchman this summer as he looks to rejuvenate Barcelona's ageing attack, and with just one year left on his contract in France, it is seen as deal which is likely to go through.
Well, according to De Telegraaf, it already has. Barça are said to have agreed to pay an initial £23m, with a further £4.6m in add-ons, and Depay is expected to be officially presented later this week.
Depay is excited to join up with Koeman and international team-mate Frenkie de Jong, while the allure of playing alongside Lionel Messi has helped make this a fairly easy decision for the 26-year-old.
It is understood that Depay was Koeman's top target to bolster his attack, and the Barcelona board were happy to grant his wish after realising that a deal for Inter forward Lautaro Martínez was not going to be possible.
Inter have refused to budge from their asking price, which is understood to have sat around the £83m, and Barcelona have simply not been able to raise that kind of money. Despite putting almost their entire squad up for sale, their only sale so far was the cut-price deal to take Ivan Rakitić back to Sevilla.
Talks between the two clubs have died down in recent weeks, and according to Sky Sports News, Martínez's agent, Beto Yaqué, was at Inter's headquarters on Monday to open talks over a new contract for the Argentine.
"At the moment, Lautaro is not moving from Inter," Yaqué said. "He is here."
Barcelona are still working to clear up space for a new striker in their squad, with Luis Suárez expected to be the man to make way.
A free transfer to Juventus is on the cards, but only if Barcelona can reach an agreement to terminate Suárez's contract a year earlier than scheduled. As of now, that has proven to be easier said than done.