Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster has insisted that reports of a potential move to Tottenham Hotspur in the summer are completely made up.
Reports emerged on Monday suggesting Spurs were keen on the 36-year-old, who will find himself out of contract at the end of the current campaign.
However, that's all fallen apart pretty quickly. Foster told talkSPORT that there was no truth to the rumours whatsoever as he is yet to hold discussions over his future with any club - not even Watford.
“That’s complete paper talk," Foster said.
“It’s the first time in my whole career that I’ve actually been out of contract at the end of the season, and I don’t really know what to make of it.
“I’m enjoying it, not because I’m trying to leave Watford, that’s not even an option and I can categorically say I’ve had no contact from anybody else, but I think it opens your options and gives you a bit of freedom."
Well then. That's that. Let's all pack up and go home. This one's over.
With Foster not joining the club, it looks like Hugo Lloris will continue as Spurs' first-choice goalkeeper for the foreseeable future (which may or may not be a good thing), with Argentine Paulo Gazzaniga operating as his backup.
Mourinho has previously spoken of his admiration for Gazzaniga, who impressed while Lloris was out injured, so any move for Foster always seemed fairly unlikely, but it's nice to know that the transfer speculation is all over before it even started.