Jose Mourinho has said that he expects Son Heung-min to miss the rest of the season after the forward suffered a fractured arm during the 3-2 victory against Aston Villa on Sunday.


The South Korea international suffered the injury when he collided with Ezri Konsa in the first minute but stayed on the pitch for the remainder of the game, scoring twice - including the dramatic late winner, profiting from a Bjorn Engels howler.

Heung-Min Son

However, that win looks to have come at a cost for Jose Mourinho's ​Spurs, who will now have to power through up front without Son and Harry Kane - the latter of whom isn't expected to return from his hamstring problem until May.


A club statement further revealed: "Following surgery, our medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Son’s rehabilitation with the player expected to be sidelined for a number of weeks."


However, Mourinho said in a press conference prior to Spurs' Champions League clash with RB Leipzig, via ​Dan Kilpatrick of the Evening Standard, that he thinks Son won't play again this season.


"The first thing [when we heard the news] was to break our hearts. The second thing was to break our team," he said.

Mourinho insisted, via ​Spurs' official Twitter account, that he and his squad will do their best to get by without Son.


"Are we going to give up or are we going to fight? We are going to fight," he added.


​Son had netted six goals in his last five games despite not appearing to be at his electric best, carrying the goalscoring burden during Kane's absence.


However, Son's spell on the sidelines leaves Mourinho with a massive conundrum for the final part of the campaign.


Lucas Moura had been used as a striker over the past month or so to mixed reviews, failing to score in the Premier League since mid-December, though he has managed two FA Cup strikes during that time.


New signing Steven Bergwijn showed his goalscoring touch on debut against ​Manchester City, but Dele Alli's has deserted him, the England international notably missing a host of chances during the win at Villa Park.

FBL-ENG-PR-TOTTENHAM-BURNLEY

There will also be increased calls for youth prospect Troy Parrott to be given more first team opportunities. 


The Republic of Ireland international has impressed at youth level and featured during pre-season and in the Carabao Cup defeat against Colchester United. He also made his ​Premier League debut in the 5-0 win over Burnley, but hasn't been given any minutes since.


However, when asked about Parrott's chances of stepping up, Mourinho reiterated previous sentiments that the youngster is 'not ready'.


For more from Jude Summerfield, follow him on Twitter!