​Newcastle United were held to a shock 1-1 draw by League One side Rochdale in the FA Cup third round on Saturday afternoon, as substitute Aaron Wilbraham's late equaliser snatched a replay for the plucky hosts. 

The Premier League giants took the lead in the 17th minute, when Miguel Almiron rifled home from the left-hand side of the penalty area, and Steve Bruce's men remained in control for large parts of the game. 

Aaron Wilbraham

40-year-old WIlbraham caused a storm in the 79th minute however, smashing the ball beyond Martin Dubravka from close range to earn a well-deserved replay at St. James' Park for Rochdale. 

Rochdale did not provide the only shock of the weekend however, as Tranmere Rovers came from three goals down away at Premier League outfit ​Watford to snatch a late draw. The Hornets took control of the tie in the first half, thanks to goals from Tom Dele-Bashiru, Nathaniel Chalobah and Roberto Pereyra. 

But second-half strikes from Connor Jennings, Emmanuel Monthe and Paul Mullin's 87th-minute spot-kick forced Nigel Pearson's side into a replay at Prenton Park.

​Manchester City survived an early scare against Port Vale to run out 4-1 winners at the Etihad Stadium. Tom Pope's header had cancelled out Oleksandr Zinchenko's early strike, but goals from ​Sergio AgueroTaylor Harwood-Bellis and Phil Foden sank the Valiants to defeat. 

​Manchester United and ​Wolverhampton Wanderers laboured to a lacklustre goalless draw at Molineux, meaning the two sides will soon meet again in a replay at Old Trafford. A Tom Pearce own goal and a lovely Harvey Barnes finish ensured ​Leicester City's place in the next round of the FA Cup, ending Wigan's run at the first hurdle. 

Portsmouth beat Fleetwood Town by two goals to one to continue their progression in the competition, as goals from James Bolton and Marcus Harness were enough to edge out Joey Barton's side. 

Bournemouth avoided any hint of an upset by putting four goals past Luton Town, as a Philip Billing brace, a Callum Wilson tap-in and a rare goal from Dominic Solanke saw the hosts safely through to the next round. 

​Burnley coasted to a 4-2 victory over their League One opponents Peterborough United, thanks to a brace from Jay Rodriguez, and strikes by Erik Pieters and midfielder Jeff Hendrick. 

Premier League sides ​Southampton and ​Norwich City also confirmed their cup progression on Saturday, with the Canaries earning a comfortable 4-2 victory over Preston North End, and the Saints defeating Championship side Huddersfield at St Mary's by two goals to nil.

Meanwhile, Gary Rowett's Millwall booked their place in the fourth round by earning a comfortable 3-0 win over Newport County, after a Conor Mahoney penalty and a Tom Bradshaw lob added to Matt Smith's first-half effort. 

A much-changed Brentford side edged to a 1-0 victory over ​Stoke City, thanks to a brilliant Emiliano Marcondes free-kick, which looped over goalkeeper Adam Davies. Scott Parker's ​Fulham confirmed their place in the fourth round with a 2-1 success over ​Aston Villa, Harry Arter's late strike clinching the win over their Premier League visitors. 

Cardiff City came from two goals down to avoid an embarrassing defeat to League Two opponents Carlisle United in Wales, with Bluebirds Callum Paterson and Gavin Whyte cancelling out Jack Bridge's first-half brace. 

Sheffield Wednesday went through to the next round of the cup, knocking out Premier League opponents Brighton at the Amex Stadium. Adam Reach's solitary strike in the second half was enough for the visitors, whose name is in the hat for the draw. 

League One side Rotherham United suffered last-gasp heartbreak against ​Hull City at the New York Stadium, having played over an hour with only ten men. Rotherham were on level terms when defender Adam Thompson saw red in the 24th minute, and despite the hosts taking a shock 2-1 lead through Kyle Vassell, a Tom Eaves hat-trick saw the Tigers earn a 3-2 win and progress at the expense of their brave opponents. 

Reading and Blackpool played out an entertaining 2-2 draw at the Madejski Stadium, as Danny Loader rescued a replay for the hosts, following goals from Nathan Delfouneso and Armand Gnanduillet for the League One visitors.  

10-man Birmingham City battled to a late 2-1 victory over fellow Championship side Blackburn Rovers, when substitute Jeremie Bela fired a last-minute strike beyond goalkeeper Jayson Leutwiler to send the hosts into the next round. 

Bristol City could only muster a 1-1 draw with Shrewsbury Town at Ashton Gate, meaning the lower-league visitors will be in the hat for the fourth round. Famara Diedhiou bagged a header on the half-hour mark to give the hosts the lead, but the Shrews fought back through Sean Goss to clinch a valuable replay at New Meadow. 

Oxford United strolled to a convincing 4-1 win over Hartlepool United, as the hosts scored four second-half goals to overturn their first-half deficit. 

​Birmingham City 2-1 Blackburn Rovers 
​Brentford 1-0 Stoke City 
​Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 
​Bristol City 1-1 Shrewsbury Town 
​Bournemouth 4-0 Luton Town
​Burnley 4-2 Peterborough United
​Cardiff City 2-2 Carlisle United
​Fleetwood Town 1-2 Portsmouth 
​Fulham 2-1 Aston Villa
​Leicester City 2-0 Wigan
​Manchester City 4-1 Port Vale 
​Millwall 3-0 Newport County 
​Oxford United 4-1 Hartlepool
​Preston 2-4 Norwich City 
​Reading 2-2 Blackpool
Rochdale 1-1 Newcastle United ​
​Rotherham United 2-3 Hull City 
Southampton 2-0 Huddersfield 
​Watford 3-3 Tranmere Rovers 
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Manchester United