​Barcelona will listen to offers for right-back Nélson Semedo during the January transfer window even though manager Ernesto Valverde wants to keep his current squad intact until the summer.


The Portugal international was deemed to be too important for Barcelona to sell just six months ago, with the club rejecting offers in the region of €40m for Semedo.


But something now appears to have changed for the club's decision-makers and Mundo Deportivo reports that Barcelona will listen to offers for Semedo during the January transfer window.

Nelson Semedo,Carlos Henrique Casemiro

It's claimed the decision to review Semedo's future in Catalonia has come from Barcelona's director of football, Eric Abidal.


Senegal international Moussa Wagué has stepped up from Barcelona's B-team this season and is already making an impact at a senior level, but Abidal reportedly wants to enter the transfer market for a new first-choice right back.


Semedo has previously been a target for Paris Saint-Germain, and while there's no suggestion that the French giants will re-ignite their interest just yet, the decision to effectively put the Portugal international on the transfer market appears to have been made behind manager Valverde's back.


Ahead of Barça's match against Deportivo Alavés on Saturday, Valverde said that he wouldn't be looking to make any changes to his squad during the January transfer window - both in terms of incoming and outgoing players.


"I am not thinking about that, I think about what I have, that is my idea," Valverde said, quoted by Mundo Deportivo. "I expect the same ones I have, I count on them and I don't expect any modification."

Semedo only joined Barcelona two years ago, arriving in a £32m deal from Portuguese giants S.L. Benfica.


The 26-year-old made his 100th appearance for the club during El Clásico in midweek - making him Barça's third most capped Portuguese player of all time, behind Deco (161) and Luís Figo (248).


For more from Ben Carter, follow him on Twitter!