Following on from Newcastle owner Mike Ashley's announcement that he was looking to sell the club 'before the January transfer window', it has emerged that a consortium led by ex-Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon is a frontrunner to buy the Magpies.
Ashley told Sky News earlier this week that discussions over a sale
"It's possible" - Mike Ashley says he is in talks to sell Newcastle United in a deal he hopes will go through before the January transfer window— Sky News (@SkyNews) December 3, 2018
Follow the story live here: https://t.co/gBKMWi1B7Q pic.twitter.com/ZRanUhJMAL
The Guardian claims that Ashley is currently 'considering four bids in excess of £300m' for the Magpies, including one from a consortium led by Kenyon.
Tuesday - Peter Kenyon leads the pack, FOUR consortiums involved. American, Middle Eastern, Turkish the other three. Optimism that something can be done within the next three weeks. #NUFC— NUFC 360 (@NUFC360) December 5, 2018