Everton's move for Turkish striker Cenk Tosun could be in jeopardy following new demands.
The Toffees had reportedly come close to tying a deal up, but according to the Mirror, Besiktas, Tosun's club, decided to raise the agreed upon £25m at the last moment.
The player supposedly flew to London to agree on personal terms, but negotiations between the clubs are said to have come to a 'grinding halt'.
The Turkish club are now asking for a sum in excess of £27m, per the report, as they have been met with similar demands themselves as they negotiate for the player's replacement.
Everton's director of football Steve Walsh had previously flown to Istanbul to try sealing a deal for the attacker, but the club are now ready to leave the table if Besiktas don't lower their current asking price.
| Allardyce asked in his post-match press conference about Cenk Tosun reports: "We've done all we can. Our deal is there. I presume we'll know in the next 24 hours if that has been successful or not." #EFC— Everton (@Everton) January 1, 2018
Tosun, meanwhile, is said to have agreed over a