Jurgen Klopp has refused to be drawn on Liverpool's re-emerging interest in Southampton ace Virgil van Dijk.
The Reds had seemingly walked away from pursuing the Netherlands international after the Saints had threatened to report them over allegations that the Anfield-based club had illegally tapped Van Dijk up.
Media reports in recent days have suggested that Liverpool are back in for the towering centre-back but, speaking to the Liverpool Echo after his side's pre-season friendly win over Tranmere Rovers, Klopp declined to give a definitive answer about a new enquiry.
Jamie Redknapp: “I’m not sure the Virgil van Dijk story is finished. I still think there’s a little bit left to go with that one." pic.twitter.com/WLbHZXq7rF— Rousing The Kop (@RousingTheKop) July 11, 2017
He said: "Am I allowed to talk about this? I am not! Pretty much everything I could say would be a mistake.
"You or your colleagues wrote everything about this a few weeks ago. I was in Iceland by the way when somebody told me this was in the newspaper. Nothing happened since then, all good so far, so I can't say anything about this."
Liverpool had been hopeful of tying up a reported £60m transfer for the 26-year-old ahead of the transfer window opening on 1st July, but released a statement explaining why they were pulling out of a deal for Van Dijk after Southampton's threat.
Van Dijk, who is on his way back from an ankle injury sustained in January, has also remained tight lipped on where his future lies in the Premier League.
Meanwhile, Klopp has also responded to accusations that Liverpool have been slow to act in this summer's transfer market.
The German has drafted in Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke from Roma and Chelsea respectively, but Reds fans have grown increasingly impatient over their club's slow movements in the close season.
Mohamed Salah on Instagram - He's not at Tranmere but he certainly seems to be enjoying Paris! pic.twitter.com/yDTMwCy7Ua— Anfield HQ (@AnfieldHQ) July 12, 2017
That frustration has only been compounded by the business their title rivals - and bitter city rivals Everton - have done thus far, but Klopp insisted that he remained "convinced" that Liverpool would do the right business and bring in the right players when they could.
He added: "We also bought players. Yes and they (rivals) lost a lot of players. I heard Man United lost players, got new players. Don't know about Chelsea, I've not heard a lot.
"If any of our fans think about what the other teams are doing and why we aren't doing anything, I can't help, sorry. We cannot only buy players because other teams buy players.
"We do our business as good as we can do it and we are completely in it and we are convinced about the way that we are going so that's all.
"Nervous fans? Sorry I cannot help, I don't have to write a message for this. I'm not nervous - maybe that's the right message for this."