Atletico Madrid are preparing to re-sign Chelsea striker Diego Costa this week by putting in a bid for the Spain international to join in the January transfer window.
The La Liga side will make an offer in the region of £26m - which is £6m less than Chelsea paid for him in the summer of 2014.
Atletico will propose an initial fee of £26million — £6million — less than #Chelsea paid for Diego Costa in 2014. [Mirror]— Chelsea HQ (@Chelsea_HQ) June 17, 2017
Costa previously revealed that Blues boss Antonio Conte told him he was surplus to requirements at Chelsea, via text.
"Antonio Conte has told me by message that I will not continue with Chelsea and that’s it," Costa said, as quoted by The Sun.
"My relationship with the coach has been bad this season and it is clear that he does not want me on the team."
It is now thought that Conte would ideally like to see Costa depart from Stamford Bridge before the start of pre-season.
Diego Costa is in talks with Atletico Madrid over a possible return to Spain. [Mundo Deportivo] #CFC— Bridge News (@cfc_wale) June 17, 2017
Atletico are currently serving a transfer ban which prevents them from any transfer dealings until January 2018
Atletico will hope that they can convince Chelsea to keep Costa until January, and that he will be left out of their Champions League squad so he is not cup tied for the latter stages of the competition.