​Real Madrid centre-back Pepe insists he is prepared to make 'sacrifices' in order to be offered a new contract by the club, as he awaits a decision regarding his future. 


The Portuguese international has just three months left on his current deal and despite reports suggesting earlier in the season that he will be offered an extension, Pepe has yet to receive a formal offer. 

Having joined Los Blancos from Porto 10 years ago, Pepe has enjoyed a successful decade at the Bernabeu and though many top European clubs have shown an interest in signing him this summer, the defender insists he is ready to wait until the last second for an offer to come along from his current employers. 


Speaking after Saturday's 1-1 home draw with fierce rivals Atletico Madrid, the 34-year-old told ​AS"Only God knows where my future lies. Until June 30 I am under contract at Real Madrid, isn't that right 'presi' (signals to club president Florentino Perez).


"As I've said before, I will wait for Madrid until the last second, and I will make sacrifices every day to be able to stay here".

Real Madrid CF v Club Atletico de Madrid - La Liga

Whilst Pepe has pledged his allegiance to Madrid, it remains to be seen whether his age will count against him and see him forced out in the summer. 


The Madrid number three is currently facing a spell out of the first-team after breaking two ribs in the weekend's draw and may even have played his final game for Los Blancos as a time frame for his return has yet to be established. 


Zinedine Zidane's men will now head into this week's Champions League quarter-final first leg tie with Bayern Munich with problems at the back, as Pepe joins fellow centre-back Raphael Varane on the sidelines.