​Two early goals set Watford on their way to three points at home to Leicester City at Vicarage Road, as Claudio Ranieri's men continue their wait for an away league win.

Strikes by Etienne Capoue and Roberto Pereyra secured a well-deserved home win for Walter Mazzarri's side, who bounced back from their 6-1 thrashing at Anfield last time out in the best possible way.

Three goals in the first fifteen minutes got the first half off to an explosive start and Watford opened the scoring after just 35 seconds. The Hornets caught the champions off guard with a wonderfully worked goal - a left-sided cross from former Inter playmaker Roberto Pereyra was deftly cushioned down by Troy Deeney, to be lashed home by Etienne Capoue, who continues his reinvention as a goal-scoring midfielder, from the edge of the box. 

It looked like another away day thrashing was on the cards from Claudio Ranieri's men, who have still yet to secure a victory on their league travels so far this season, when Pereyra netted Watford's second, after just twelve minutes. The Argentine club-record signing curled a beautiful strike past Kasper Schmeichel, giving the Dane no chance.

However, Leicester immediately upped the tempo and were rewarded with a penalty just two minutes later. A smart piece of interplay, down the Foxes' left-side saw live-wire Jamie Vardy burst into the penalty area, only to be brought down by a rash and unnecessary challenge by Watford centre-back Miguel Britos. 

It was a stonewall spot-kick, which was coolly converted by PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez, who netted the only goal in the corresponding fixture last season. 

The second half saw the Foxes continue their resurgence, pressing their hosts higher up the pitch, but failing to make their superiority pay in the form of chances. Christian Fuchs' threatened to lose his head and was given a final warning by referee Neil Swarbrick, after a series of fouls stopping Watford counter attacks.

Just past the hour mark, that man Pereyra had a chance to all but kill the game, but given the opportunity to head into an almost unguarded net, his header lacked conviction and allowed Schmeichel to recover and make a stunning last-ditch save. 

Substitutions were made by both managers as the game opened up, but chances remained sporadic. 

Ultimately, Leicester never really looked like forcing an equaliser in the second period, with Ranieri's side again arguably distracted by the sight of Champions League football on the horizon when they host Club Brugge on Tuesday night.