Liverpool centre-back Mamadou Sakho has been cleared of all wrongdoing, after having suffered a UEFA ban earlier this year following allegations of him taking performance enhancing drugs.
The Telegraph report that on Tuesday night that the World Anti-Doping Agency had confirmed that there would be no further action taken against the Frenchman, and that they would not appeal UEFA's decision to lift his ban.
They are now open to being sued by the player, who was punished by missing the last few games of Liverpool's season, as well as the European Championships in his home country.
Last month, The Telegraph reported that WADA was reviewing UEFA's decision to clear the player in order to make a decision themselves as to whether or not they should lodge an appeal.
The have decided to leave things be, and a
“However, after careful review of the specific circumstances of the case, Wada decided not to appeal. Mr Sakho had already served a provisional suspension of one month and, given the circumstances of the case, it is uncertain whether a significantly higher sanction would have been justified and obtained based on the [Wada] Code and, more specifically, Mr Sakho’s degree of fault.”
Sakho and those around him are said to be very disappointed with WADA. A source close to the player told The Telegraph: