European Transfer Rumours: Draxler, Nasri, Gundogan, De Bruyne and More

Next0 / 9
STOKE ON TRENT, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 11:  Samir Nasri of Manchester City celebrates after team-mate James Milner scored their second goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Stoke City and Manchester City at Britannia Stadium on February 11, 2015 in Stoke on Trent, England.  (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)

​Who have Juventus turned to in their search for an attacking midfielder? Can Bayern pull off a deal for Kevin De Bruyne? What has Ilkay Gundogan said about his long term future?


All this and more in today's European transfer rumour roundup!

Next0 / 9
Next1 / 9

9. Madrid Need to Bid Bigger for Biglia

Lazio have rejected an £18m approach from Real Madrid for Lucas Biglia, reports Corriere Della Sera, cited by the Daily Express.


The 29-year-old has recently been revealed as Lazio's club captain and the Rome-based outfit do not want to let the player leave before he wears the armband for the first time in a competitive game.


Biglia was tipped with a move to Manchester United earlier in the summer but the Red Devils have since strengthened with Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Next1 / 9
Next2 / 9

8. Benatia "Honoured" By Juventus Interest

​Bayern Munich defender Mehdi Benatia is "honoured" by rumoured interest from Juventus.


The Moroccan centre-half has found it difficult to cement a place down in the first team at Bayern under Pep Guardiola and is rumoured to be open from an exit from the club to gain more playing time.


He made 24 appearances in all competitions last season and has conceded that a Juve are an exciting prospect.


“I am honored by interest from Juventus.” Benatia told Tuttosport, cited by Forza Italian Football.

Next2 / 9
Next3 / 9

7. Milan and Juve Battle Over Siqueira

AC Milan are the latest side to enter the race to sign Atletico Madrid defender Guilherme Siqueira, reports Globoesporte.


Juventus have been linked with the player all summer but Milan have entered the race and could scupper any potential deal with Juventus.


Siqueira, who is valued at around £7m, already has Serie A experience following spells with Inter Milan, Lazio and Udinese.


If Juve cannot secure a deal for the player they may move for Alex Sandro or Layvin Kurzawa.

Next3 / 9
Next4 / 9

6. Juventus in for a New No.10

So now Samir Nasri can be linked to the ever-expanding list of attacking midfielders that Juventus have been linked with this summer, reports ​Sport Mediaset.


The Old Lady have been associated with the likes of Chelsea's Oscar, Bayern Munich's Mario Gotze and Schalke's Julian Draxler since the end of last season but Nasri may be available for a fairer price.


The Frenchman​ may find it hard to cement down a first team place for Manchester City in the coming season following the arrival of Raheem Sterling. If Juve can guarantee him more playing time he may be tempted to jump ship.

Next4 / 9
Next5 / 9

5. Cerci Rules out Torino Return

Amid rumours of his desire to return to Torino, ​Alessio Cerci has ruled out a move back to his former club.


The attacker is currently on loan at AC Milan from Atletico Madrid and but has confirmed that he will not be returning to il Toro in the near future.


“It’s fantasy, I am not going back to Torino this summer,” Cerci told Tuttosport, cited by Forza Italian Football.


“With [Giampiero] Ventura at Torino I had a special feeling.


“Maybe I will return to Torino at the end of my career but it is early to think about it now.”

Next5 / 9
Next6 / 9

4. De Laurentiis: We Never Entertained Idea of Selling Higuain

​Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed that the club never even considered the option of selling Gonzalo Higuain.


Earlier in the window the Napoli chief said that the club would be willing to sell the forward if someone met his £67m release clause, knowing full well that nobody would be willing to pay that amount.


And now the he has confirmed that selling the Argentine was never really an option.


"I never, ever considered selling Higuain," he told Corriere della Sera.


"It wasn't by chance that I put a very high clause in his contract, which makes him difficult to afford for any potential buyer.


"I expect that he's respectful of his commitment to Napoli and the work of the team."

Next6 / 9
Next7 / 9

3. De Bruyne-Gotze Swap Deal Off

Bayern Munich sporting director Klaus Allofs has dismissed speculation that the club will use Mario Gotze as part of a swap deal for Kevin De Bruyne.


£50m rated De Bruyne has been linked with a move away from Wolfsburg all summer and Manchester City are rumoured to be interested.


Bayern were thought to be considering using Gotze as bait to secure a deal for the Belgian, but Allofs has dismissed this proposal.


"Player exchange deals do not always make sense," Allofs was quoted as saying by Kicker, cited by the Daily Mail.


"Gotze has a lot of qualities, he has shown that at Borussia Dortmund and with Germany. He has yet to make an impact at Bayern.


"But we are not even considering swapping any one. I am satisfied with the situation as it is."

Next7 / 9
Next8 / 9

2. Gundogan Going Nowhere

​Ilkay Gundogan has suggested that his stay at Borussia Dortmund will be a lengthy one.


The German midfielder ended speculation over his future recently by signing a contract extension and has now hinted that he could remain at the club even longer.


"I am heading into my fifth year at Dortmund and I am feeling very well here," Gundogan told Bild, cited by Sports Mole.


"I can see myself staying at BVB for a longer period. We will have to wait and see how things develop."

Next8 / 9
9 / 9

1. Schalke Issue Hands-off Warning

​Schalke have rejected another bid for Julian Draxler from Juventus and have told the Italian champions "not to contact them again".


Juve have been linked with the player all summer and following the departure of Arturo Vidal to Bayern Munich need a player who can fill in a no.10 role.


The Bianconeri were previously linked with Mario Gotze and Isco, but were priced out of the market. Draxler was the solution to the problem but it now looks as if they will have to search elsewhere.


And speaking to Schalke TV, cited by ​Team Talk, club sporting director Horst Heldt said: "We've received an offer from Juventus today, but have rejected it and request the club do not contact us again, Draxler is not for sale."

9 / 9