Ronaldo, Messi, De Bruyne: FIFA reveal FIFPro 2021 Men's World XI
FIFA "The Best" awards ceremony took place on Monday night, withBayern Munich hitman, Robert Lewandowski crowned the best Men's best male footballer, beating out competition from Lionel Messi and Mohamed Salah to the honour.
In addition to the individual prizes, FIFA also named their World XI for 2021 with some surprising names making the list while there was no place for the likes of Edouard Mendy, Karim Benzema or Mohamed Salah.
Paris Saint-Germain's, Gianluigi Donarumma got the nod in goal due to his match-winning performances which helped Italy win the 2020 European Championships with the likes of David Alaba, Leonardo Bonucci and Ruben Dias chosen as the defenders in front of him.
Chelsea duo, N'Golo Kante and Jorginho along with Manchester City's, Kevin De Bruyne made up the midfield three with footballing superstars, Robert Lewandowski, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Borussia Dortmund starlet, Erling Haaland being chosen as part of a mouth watering front four.
2021 Men's FIFA FIFPRO Lineup
1) Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy/PSG)
2) David Alaba (Austria/Bayern Munich)
3) Leonardo Bonucci (Italy/Juventus)
4) Ruben Dias (Portugal/Manchester City)
5) Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City)
6) Jorginho (Italy/Chelsea)
7) N'Golo Kante (France/Chelsea)
8) Robert Lewandowski (Poland/Bayern Munich)
9) Lionel Messi (Argentina/PSG)
10) Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United)
11) Erling Haaland (Norway/Borussia Dortmund)