Manchester United and Chelsea target Raphael Varane has finally opened up on his contract situation at Real Madrid and has insisted that his "future is clear" ahead of his side's Champions League clash with the Blues.
The Frenchman has a year left on his existing contract and is yet to start discussions with Los Blancos over a new deal. The 28-year-old has been an important part of Zinedine Zidane's side this season, having started all but five of their LaLiga and Champions League matches.
Reports earlier this week suggested that Varane could be on his way out of Madrid and into the Premier League, with the Red Devils and Chelsea extremely keen on acquiring his services. However, the defender has insisted he is focused on the now and isn't concerned about the future.
Speaking ahead of the first leg of Madrid's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea on Tuesday, Varane told a press conference: “My future is clear. I am focused on the end of this season. We are in a very intense and key moment."
When asked on whether he wants to remain at the Bernabeu beyond 2022, he said: It is normal that my focus is on the end of the season. The message to the fans is that I am 100 per cent committed to the team. We have challenges that encourage us a lot. I am focused on giving everything on the field."
Club president Florentino Perez was quizzed on Varane's future last week, and told Spanish radio station El Larguero: "Varane? I’m happy with our team... if players don't want to stay at Madrid they can leave."