New Barcelona manager, Ronald Koeman has insisted that no problem or conflict exists between talisman, Lionel Messi and himself following the record six-time Ballon d'Or award winner's decision to remain with the Catalan giants after handing in a transfer request earlier in the summer.
Messi shocked the footballing world when handed in a transfer request to leave the club following a disastrous season, but he had to reverse his decision after both the Catalan management and LaLiga authorities insisted that he would only be able to leave if a club met his 700million release clause.
The 33-year-old has now returned to pre-season training and Koeman who was brought in to replace Quique Setien believes that if any conflict exists, then it is between the player and the club and nothing to do with him.
"That has passed me reasonably well. That was mainly a conflict between Messi and the club. I have spoken to Messi since then and we will continue as usual," he said to Fox Sports.
The Catalan giants have been linked with a host of names in the summer with it emerging that they are very interested in signing Memphis Depay from Lyon. However, Lyon president, Jean-Michel Aulas recently admitted that Barcelona president, Josep Maria Bartomeu personally told him that the Catalan giants do not have the funds to make an offer for the player.
"The president of Barca indicated to me on Sunday that Barca were suffering a lot from the Covid crisis and didn't have the possibility to make an offer."