Barcelona talisman, Lionel Messi stormed back into contention for the European Golden Shoe race following his brace during the Catalans 4-1 win over Huesca in LaLiga on Monday, though the Argentinian is still behind his great rival.
Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo with 23 goals in the Serie A sits above Messi in the list, though the duo are well behind current leader, Robert Lewandowski who has netted a staggering 32 goals so far for Bayern Munich, which has secured him 64 points.
Ronaldo who has earned 46 points so far is well behind Lewandowski, while Messi is further behind the Poland striker with 42 points to his name. Frankfurt striker, Andre Silva, Borussia Dortmund's, Erling Haaland and Inter Milan's, Romelu Lukaku are joint in fourth with the trio's 19 goals netting them 38 points.
With the fixtures coming in thick and fast and moving to the business end of the season, it will be interesting to see who comes out on top come the end of the campaign, with Lewandowski the favourite to win the honour for the first time in his career.
2020/21 European Golden Shoe standings
1) Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) - 32 goals, 64 points
2) Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) - 23 goals, 46 points
3) Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - 21 goals, 42 points
4) Andre Silva (Frankfurt) - 19 goals, 38 points
4) Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) - 19 goals, 38 points
4) Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan) - 19 goals, 38 points