The ongoing 2021 Copa America has seen arguably the most exciting games seen in a long time at the international arena, with a number of competitive games being played and some top nations getting knocked out of the tournament.
As with international tournaments, there have been a number of goals scored and here we take a look at which player is leading the race for the Golden Boot this time around.
1) Lionel Messi (Argentina) - 4 goals
2) Neymar (Brazil) - 2 goals
3) Gianluca Lapadula (Peru) - 2 goals
4) Eduardo Vargas (Chile) - 2 goals
5) Andre Carrillo (Peru) - 2 goals
6) Papu Gomez (Argentina) - 2 goals
7) Lautaro Martinez (Argentina) - 2 goals
8) Ayrton Preciado (Ecuador) - 2 goals
9) Erwin Saavedra (Bolivia) - 2 goals
10) Angel Romero (Paraguay) - 2 goals
Argentina icon, Lionel Messi leads the race for the Golden Boot with four goals to his name and he will have a chance to add to his tally considering that the La Albiceleste are set to play in the semi-finals.
However, the likes of Neymar, Gianluca Lapadula, Andre Carrillo, Papu Gomez and Lautaro Martinez still stand a chance of moving up the list considering that their respective countries are currently in the knockout stages of the tournament.