Premier League champions Chelsea are going through a tough transfer window with regards to an urgent need for a wing-back as Italian champions Juventus refuse the Blues' £63m bid for the star defender.


The 26-year-old has impressed with his performances with last season's Champions League finalists and attracted attention from a plethora of clubs during the course of the current transfer season, with Chelsea showing the most interest in signing the Brazilian. 



Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is trying to make improvements in his team in order to defend his Premier League crown and it has been no secret that Sandro was one of his prime targets.


Juventus director Beppe Marotta has gone ahead and revealed that Chelsea did bid for the Brazilian star but the Italian giants have rejected their offer. He also stated that the 26-year-old defender isn't thinking about leaving Juventus. Marotta said, "He said he wants to stay here. So we sent the offers right back where they came from."



Speaking to ​Gazetta dello Sport, Marotta added, "Alex Sandro asked us to stay and this make sure us very happy, so we'll turn down firmly any offer Chelsea makes at this time."


Chelsea lost their opening game of the new Premier League season last week and will be facing Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley on Sunday before moving on to other tough fixtures including Everton and Arsenal.