And so, Barcelona came in fourth position in the latest Forbes ranking for the most valuable sports teams in the world. Real Madrid came in fifth spot whereas the third and final football entrant in the top 10 was Bayern Munich, who came last.
Forbes said the average value of the world's 50 most valuable teams on the list was up 11% from last year's ranking.
Here is the top 10 most valuable teams list they revealed recently:
10. Bayern Munich (Football) $4.21bn
9. New York Giants (NFL) $4.3bn
8. New England Patriots (NFL) $4.4bn
7. Los Angeles Lakers (NBA) $4.6bn
6. Golden State Warriors (NBA) $4.7bn
5. Real Madrid (Football) $4.75bn
4. Barcelona (Football) $4.76bn
3. New York Knicks (NBA) $5bn
2. New York Yankees (MLB) $5.25bn
1. Dallas Cowboys (NFL) $5.7bn
Despite the amount of money earned by Premier League clubs with their strong commercial arm as well as the broadcasting deals, somehow all of the top clubs from England fail to come into this list, whereas two La Liga clubs and one Bundesliga team make it to the top 10.