John Terry has told Chelsea that he does not want to leave the club this month and is up for the challenge of fighting for a place in Antonio Conte's side, according to reports in the Telegraph.
Terry made his first start for over two months last Sunday but was dealt a double blow after he was sent off in the 4-1 FA cup win over Peterborough United, before learning that the Blues had also recalled Nathan Ake early from his loan spell with Bournemouth.
With Kurt Zouma now fit again following a long term knee injury, Terry is facing an uphill battle to win back his place in Chelsea's first team, and some even suggest he is behind the likes of both Zouma and Ake in the pecking order.
But as Terry prepares to serve his one-match ban against Leicester this Saturday, the Telegraph report that he has told the Chelsea hierarchy that he does not want to be loaned out to another Premier League side, instead insisting that he would rather fight for a spot in the side, as both he and the club chase what would be their fifth Premier League title.
The likes of Swansea and Bournemouth have been linked with a possible loan deal for Terry, however the Englishman's request to stay at his current club this month are likely to quash such rumours.
At 36, the defender is approaching the end of his career and it is understood he is set to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, after reports emerged that he is unlikely to be offered a new deal in the summer.
Terry is likely to be offered significant money to head to the Chinese Super League or MLS and whilst both will appeal to the Chelsea skipper, he is unlikely to be seen in the Premier League again, having previously stated that he does not want to play for another English team.